The Three M Project:
MITIGATION – MOVEMENT – MULTI-FUNCTIONAL
We are beginning a significant project that will make great improvements and possibilities at the fairgrounds. Our plan is to have it completed by June 1, 2023. We have received an initial grant from the Washington State Agriculture Department in the amount of 1/4 million dollars. A fund drive is also in process and you will be hearing more about this as we move forward. We are also seeking additional grants at this time.
The project has 3 phases:
- Mitigation of water on the fairgrounds
- Movement of the current arena, straightening it up and adding an outside cover
- Multi-Functional building structure
- We continually have water issues during our rainy season. Our workshop, horse barn and horse arena flood annually. Our goal is to install the necessary drainage to alleviate this issue and have a dry workshop and have a dry horse barn and new covered arena that can be utilized year round.
- The movement of the horse arena to a regular rectangle shape, 110′ x 220′ minimum, will allow for better use of space and provide a covered arena with covered grandstands.
- The multi-species, multi-functional building will allow for fair time use and provide for year round events having HVAC, unlike any of our other structures on the fairgrounds.
Plans are in a development phase now. View what we are wanting to accomplish at the Pacific County Fairgrounds using the buttons below.