OPEN CLASS HORSE AWARDS
Doc & Marion Vetter Memorial Award – Sponsored by the Vetter Family
Participation & Requirements:
- Must be a Pacific County resident
- Age 7 to 17
- Exhibiting a horse at Pacific County Fair/Open Class
- Participate in and give a public presentation:
- Subject matter: Anything on horses. Presentation must be at least 5 minutes long.
- This year’s 2022 – Public presentation will be: Thursday Aug 18th 5pm at the Carriage Museum.
- Participate in Herdsmanship while exhibiting your horse at the Pacific County Fair
- Enter an Educational poster
- It can be the same one you use at your presentation
- Must be turned in to Val Rowe after presentation to be judged
- Take a 10 question quiz on horsemanship, Tuesday at the fair, after haul in at horse barn
☆Highest cumulative points earns the Doc & Marion Vetter Memorial award
Award Ceremony Saturday night at the fair, time and location to be announced.
The High point open class horse awards – Sponsored by the community/ Thanksgiving bake sale
- There are High point awards in each age division for performance and western games.
- The highest points in each class are calculated for each exhibitor. The exhibitors with highest score, wins award.
Other Open class horse awards are:
☆Wes Hurley Memorial Award – Sponsored by Ken Hurley
- To the exhibitor that has displayed exceptional horsemanship.
☆Most Versatile horse award – Sponsored by The Rowe family
- Highest points in performance & western classes overall