The Pacific County Fair has always been run by an outgoing and ongoing group of dedicated volunteers. We are consistently in need of volunteers to make this fair successful and a fun outing for many in the community and tourists alike. As a volunteer you contribute to the community.
Currently we need various volunteers to perform a variety of tasks. Listed below you will find the opportunities for you. If there are students who might need community service hours, please do not hesitate to contact us at the fair office: 360-942-3713. We count on you to help us make this a great county fair.
Open Volunteer Positions for Fair:
• Superintendent – Fruits/Vegetables/Grains, Forage & Bees
• Superintendent – Needlework/Sewing
• Superintendent – Rabbits (Need to meet WSU 4-H leader qualifications)
• Fair Ambassador Liaison Team
• Food Concession Liaison
• Entertainment Liaison
Year-Round Volunteer Opportunities:
• Planting flowers
• Watering flower beds
• Building Clean out
• Fixing various things around the fairgrounds (some carpentry skills may be needed here)
Summer Hires for Fair:
Prior to our county fair in August, we will hire 6-8 individuals to help with activities at the fair. These are paid positions. Watch for the notice in July for these hires. If you are interested now call the fair office with your information so we can contact you when these positions are being hired.
These positions include various tasks not limited to:
• Preparation for fair
• Set up of tables/chairs
• Set up of portable equipment (stage, desks, tables etc.)
• Clean up during fair: wiping down tables, chairs, cleaning of bathrooms, dumping garbage containers, pick up litter around the grounds etc.
• Assisting entertainers getting equipment to stage
• Providing directions to various individuals as needed
• Various tasks asked of you by the fair manager or other fair superintendents
• Minimum age requirements are: 16 years of age